BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit
  1. Meta tag on HTML page to help find index data file

If a user puts a normal URL into the "Manage Data" screen, allow website owners to add a meta tag to their page to help battlescribe find the bsi file. An example is if someone tries to put `http://mywebsite.com` into the data screen. If the website owner could add a meta tag to the page like `<link href="http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repo/wh40k/index.bsi&quot; type="application/battlescribe-index"/>` then Battlescribe could help avoid a big source of "new user set-up issues".

Originally posted on Github: https://github.com/BattleScribe/Alphas/issues/53

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give option for a Quick Reference with just stat lines and weapon profiles

Give option for a Quick Reference with just stat lines and weapon profiles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: Still no hard/soft menu for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

Have tried reinstalling to no avail. Hard/soft buttons work on phone version, just not on tablet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow conditions to have multiple modifiers

Current system has us need to do multiple modifiers, even if they all check the same condition. We should be able to set a Condition, and allow modifiers off of it also.

Example:
    Condition: Has 1 selection of Juggernaut of Khorne
    Modifiers: Direct parent has +1 T, +1 W, +1 A, and changes to Cavalry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow viewing of cards before adding to roster

I can't remember the abilities of all the xwing cards, but I cant view them until after adding them to the roster. There should be a way to view all details of cards before adding them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible on desktop (hover over items to preview) but not on mobile. I’ll need to add this in. I might well make this a pro feature (nice to have but not essential)

7. Error Importing Data

My IOS app will not import data. I have uninstalled. Cleared all data several times but it will not let me import any data files. Tried liking it with Dropbox as well. Nothing. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make a data repository update check everytime on startup

Especially when new rules are released, the good people who make the data files update them quite frequently. A weekly update check during such time is about as useful as no automatic checks because you end up having to check manually anyways.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I reduced this to a week to reduce the load on the servers hosting the data. Also, on mobile, this could be a problem with regard to data limits.

I’ll look into rethinking this though, and perhaps introduce more options to control how often this happens.

9. Add exploding dice to the dice tools

Hi I feel that the dice tool would benefit from having the exploding dice mechanic(adding another roll upon the roll of a certain value, usually 6). This would be useful for the game systems developed by Spartan Games and Mantic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the file browser on OS X.

When I try to open a file on OS X (10.10.4), I can't navigate to the directory. The only way I can open a file is by dragging it into the "open file" dialog window from Finder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. On the IOS version allow access to GDrive so we can store rosters in one location and accessable many places.

This way I make a list on my PC, then access it on IPad or phone....or vice versa. Right now iOS says the .rosz is an unsupported file type when accessing from Gdrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a Web based version of battlescribe that can be integrated into community websites

This would ideally be able to be installed as a plugin for something like wordpress so that people could save the rosters to their account on the wordpress instance.

I think by having it browser based it would empower the entire community to use it and could be an easy way for people to upload rosters for tournaments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ubuntu .DEB Package

I develop stuff on apt based distributions a lot, and wouldn't mind putting together and maintaing a .deb installer package for Battlescribe. I understand that farming out installer creation to a third party brings trust issues up. Would putting the build scripts for each installer version up on github help? Anyone feeling paranoid could package it up themselves and check the MD5 listed on the main download page matches.

Offers there, I've already got a pro licence so I'm not doing this to wangle a free one. ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Army Auto Generate

Sometimes I like to play with army lists I've never used or have experience with. Be a cool feature to set a target points value and allow battle scribe to auto populate a list for you. This could be done with battle scribe users sharing lists, or the software picking random units from each force org chart. You could do this bound or unbound. I think it be also cool to share lists and ideas and thoughts on lists with other battle scribe users. You could create a social media esque area within the app where users could invite friends…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Random Cards

Add to the catalogue a list that can be used with the dice tool in order to select a power.
    Example Psionic power!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set default values in Shared Entry Groups via modifier

It would be wonderful if we could set default values in entry groups via a modifier. This would help GREATLY with some things like Geargroups with different entrys.
    E.g. I have a Shared Entry with all available melee weapons to characters. But one has a Chainsword as his default gear, while the other has a Crozius Arcanum.
    This leads to me basically being unable to use the Shared Entry Groups because this would create wrong entrys. Not using a default is cumbersome for the user.
    In this case I had to copy a Entry Group with 3 Subgroups up to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Woo I like this.

I can’t promise it will be soon – I suspect there’s quite a bit of work involved to get this working.

But you’re right – this is one of the holes in shared items, resulting in shared items not being useful.

Great suggestion, thanks.

17. Allow copying of error messages on Android version to assist in BSData bug reporting

It's been commented on that there are now a large number of bug reports being logged with incomplete data, please see this discussion: https://github.com/BSData/bsdata/issues/47
    With the goal of having a minimum data set in mind, it would be really useful to allow the users to copy the exact error so it can be pasted into the bug report. On the desktop version this is no problem, but on the Android version the error seems to be dismissed fairly quickly with no seeming option to copy it (I have no idea about the IOS version).
    Would it be possible to allow…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Profile only lists one of each modification

Would it be possible to have modifications to a profile that are taken more than once be represented?

So in firestorm armada for example you can often add +2 to a stat up to two times.

Current example,

Name DR CR Mv HP CP AP PD MN
    Falx (+2 AP) 6 10 6 8 7 10 5 0

When really the ship has two +2 AP modifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Crash on load roster

I've started to adapt 2 things into battlescribe that I never thought I'd do...ship building in classic traveller and d&d 4th ed...but I've hit a wall with d&d, it's getting hosed at the load in new roster, kinda hard to test if I can't load it...but I'd love for you to get a look at it and to hear your thoughts about it...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a 'Clear/Wipe List' button

This would remove all current selections in the list. I often find im trying an idea for a list and come to find that I do not like the overall composition of the list and want to start over. Currently, I either have to remove units one-by-one or start a new roster, input the points-blah, blah.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

BattleScribe

Feedback and Knowledge Base