I suggest you ...

Allow Android/iOS users to edit catalog files from their tablet/phone, instead of having to use a computer.

It would be nice to be able to edit catalog and game system files on android.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KyleKyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Jon TaylorAdminJon Taylor (Admin, BattleScribe) responded  · 

I think I will include this in a future version of BattleScribe Pro.

Note this is a big job! It will likely be some time before I can get around to implementing it.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • griffin3666griffin3666 commented  · 

Would this not possibly be better as a separate app? Rather than a mandatory update to pro version. By all means charge for it but I feel it should be something separate.
        Also could you release a roster creator for android/ios?

• Matthew LeonMatthew Leon commented  · 

I would love an ipad version. i'd pay like i did for the pro bs.

• XanXan commented  · 

I can't say much that's not been said and as Jon likes the idea, he doesn't need anymore convincing.

However, had this post not been here I would have implored him to implement this.

I'm a huge Battlescribe fan. I'm a total OCD geek when it comes to list building, I've spent many a happy commute tweaking various rosters. I've paid for a Pro licence mainly as a vote for how good I think the app is.

However, to a certain extent the app is only as good as the catalogs you can find for it. It's probably 50% of the reason I prefer Battlescribe to Quatermaster (the other 50% being that BS can have more complicated object structures set up concisely). Recently, it's become harder to find updated, accurate catalogs. I'd find just as much enjoyment in setting up catalogs as I would tweaking lists but the only time I'm at a desktop PC is when I'm at work. I'd do all my cat writing on an iPhone.

I think more than just being a cool feature, this would improve the quality of the content that runs on the app, strengthen the community, make more cats available, in turn making BS even more attractive over competitors, increasing the install base and for Jon, increasing the likelihood that the occasional user would go Pro.

Like I said, bit of a waffle for the sake of it. And I can only imagine the work involved in making what I assume would essentially be a brand new tool/app in terms of volume of features. But thought it worth reiterating that it would be AWESOME. :D

And keep up the good work, it's really appreciated. ;)

• drizzledrizzle commented  · 

Yeah. This thing is impossible to use with newer armies. The repositories aren't available. No supplements either and no way to get around that

• dandan commented  · 

This would be awesome.

• dandan commented  · 

I would pay for this on my phone most definately its great been able to add the forgeworld 40k approved units into my guard list on the laptop. just cant work out how to add that list to my phone.

• Jeff MooreJeff Moore commented  · 

Use the IPad I would use it exclusively.

Feedback and Knowledge Base