I suggest you ...

Allow Entries, Rules and Profiles to be shared between Entries and Categories

Allows entries to share common upgrades/rules/profiles between them. Also improve modifiers system to allow entries to be changed based on their category and/or parent entry.

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PetePete shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon TaylorAdminJon Taylor (Admin, BattleScribe) commented  · 

@Jeremy Regnerus
        Rule descriptions should be collapsed, with the name of the rule in italics by the unit. Currently it collapses based on rule name (case sensitive).

I'm adding a unique id to rules and profiles to fix this and make collapsing more reliable.

• Jeremy RegnerusJeremy Regnerus commented  · 

I also meant to add, when we add a rule to a unit, for instance Furious Charge, have all the shared Rules, Weapons, etc. Appear in a summary section? I like to add full rule descriptions to my rosters for easy reference, but I don't need to see the full description for the rule in each unit entry.

• Jeremy RegnerusJeremy Regnerus commented  · 

I sought out this forum to specifically request this functionality also. I'm very impressed with the voting system here, and very glad to see this item at the top and in the Started Status.

• Shawn SheppardShawn Sheppard commented  · 

As someone who is starting to build catalogues, this can't happen soon enough.

• Will HooverWill Hoover commented  · 

This would also be handy for common non-FOC units, like dedicated transports, techmarines, and retinues/command squads that are identical to multiple units.

• TimTim commented  · 

I dig this idea and love the idea of references in general (*how* many times do I need to type in the profile for a boltgun?), however including that sort of information in the data files might bring unwanted legal scrutiny to the posters and hosters of those files.

• PetePete commented  · 

This rules could also exist in the gamesystem editor, for rules that are game related.

Fearless in 40K is general to every army, but Lumbering behemoth is particular to the Imperial G. Leman Russ battle tank. So fearless would be defined in the gamesystem and lumbering behemonth in the catalogue. Gamesystem rules could begin at ID 1 to 999 and catalogue rules from 1000 to ... anyway.. you get the idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base