or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Longy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminJon Taylor (Admin, BattleScribe) responded  · 

Java does not correctly handle high DPI/resolution screens on Windows. Unfortunately it’s not something I can change. I believe future versions of Java should fix this.

One option for now is to change your screen resolution in the Windows settings to be 50% of your screen’s natural resolution. I realise this is not ideal, but it does work.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Camilleri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to lookup the github repository for the project maybe I can contribute by creating an alternative UI around the functionality that already exists? I also have problem using it on a surface pro

• bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a 4k screen and the UI elements are so tiny they are unusable. Please try to find a solution to this issue. "Change your resolution" is not an acceptable solution.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm this is an issue for Surface Pro 4 tablets. I love Battlescribe, but this makes it really hard to use. I appreciate you might have more pressing problems though - keep up the great work!

• Eric Falsken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem is also on all windows devices using "High DPI" displays. Microsoft Surface Pro, Pro2, Pro3, and Pro4 all have the same issue. It's very difficult to use when all of the branches in the selection tree get squished together.

• Colin Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same problem on my laptop which has a 3k screen (Razer Blade). The icons are so small it's pretty much unusable, and a bunch of the text runs into each other in the lists.

Feedback and Knowledge Base