BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow position of entries to be defined

At the moment, entries are sorted alphanumerically. I think it would be useful to allow the data file author to define exactly the order in which entries are listed. If no order is defined, then it can default back to the alphanumeric order.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Initially I thought this would be a problem to implement – should a data file author dictate to a user what order the entries appear?

Thinking more about it however, I think the solution here is to let the user decide. Instead of the data file author rearranging the entries in the data files, I think it would be better to allow the user to rearrange the selections in their list.

2. Allow entry groups to have multiple default entries

When I select Captain for Space Marines rooster I allways have to adjust wargear (because Captain has too few selections from Weapons). It would be nice if we could mark default options in the Catalogue.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Default weapons do work if the entry group is min 0/max 0. The problem at the moment is that if you want more than one default, there is no way to enter it. It would be good to allow a number of defaults up to the minimum selections of the entry group.

I will look into this in the future, but for now it does not have a high impact, so it’ll have to wait.

3. 2.01.17 is busted

I posted earlier that the newest update caused Battlescribe to crash when I hit the "New roster" button. The admin lied and said 2.01.17 fixed the issue. On iOS, 2.01.17 is the version that STARTED having that issue for me. My only way to make a roster now is to duplicate and edit one I already had, meaning it's impossible for me to make one for a force I don't have a saved roster for.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: so far I’ve been unable to reproduce the issue on version 2.01.17 so any additional feedback would be useful (see below). I’ve had confirmation that 2.01.17 fixed things for most people, so it appears this is a different issue.

One thought, make sure the app is not running in the background, then relaunch BattleScribe to make sure you’re using the latest version.

Just in case, it might be helpful to delete and re-dowload your data as described here: https://battlescribe.net/?faq=refreshData

Please MAKE SURE you have updated to version 2.01.17 from the app store. This fixed a particular crash when creating a new roster. You can see the version you have by going to the Menu and choosing “About”. If this fixes things, please update your comment and/or remove your votes from this issue.

If you ARE SURE you are on 2.01.17 and you still experience a crash, please provide the…

4. Catalogue editor: modifier to set "selections"

In the catalogue editor you can set modifiers to change minSelections, maxSelection, but not current roster selection.

For example:
    Unit
    - Joe (min: 4, max: 4)
    - Jane (upgrade, min 0: max: 1)

1) I can currently set a modifier on Joe to make minSelection and maxSelection become 3 when Jane is selected (modifier being 'set' or 'decrement') and using a conditional.
    Problem: Joe has a up-down number textbox, if we check Jane you have to manually select 3 Joe's.

2) By using the repeat option of the modifier, I get the same result as above. (NOTE: if using the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think this could be done. Bear in mind adding/removing items from the roster is not as simple as just setting the count. That said, it could probably be done via the current add/remove mechanism to achieve what you’re asking.

5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to view roster in plain text

When trying to view the roster in the editor it will change to plain text from the drop down, but when viewing its in html and on going back into the settings it has defaulted back to html.

Version 2.1.05 android viewing Heresy 30k roster

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Multiple forces: adding units goes to wrong force

1. If I start a new roster with multiple forces, or add a force to a working roster
    2. after adding a new unit, the new unit will not necessarily go to the force I'm adding it to. i.e. Click a unit to force 1 HQ, select unit. Unit shows up in force 2 HQ instead. Vice-versa the same issue.

Where:
    BattleScribe v2.01.02.89 under W10

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Re-add paypal payment option

I really like your new support system, but credit card is not popular everywhere. Thus I ask you to add other payment options like paypal. If this is already possible somehow I apologize, I cannot seem to find how.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I won’t make any promises, but I may look into this in the future. It makes it more complicated to add more payment options to the website.

That said, you can purchase passes for the desktop version on mobile platforms through Google Play etc. Perhaps this will work for you?

9. Favorites need to have global option

Can we please get an option to mark favorite units/formations that are saved to favorites as global use? Currently when you favorite something its only available to that particular category you are working under. Optionally, the ability to just copy/paste favorites from once favorites category to another would work as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shorthand Rules

I'd like to see an additional text field for rules. The standard one keeps the rules as is, and can be written out as is. Then there is a shorthand text field for the same rule, to condense it as much as possible.

Initial implementation would allow you to globally choose "Full" vs "Shorthand" rules for viewing/printing roster. A possible future improvement would be to allow a user to choose per rule - IE shorthand the ones you're more familiar with, and use the full description for rules you don't remember as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rules/profiles not rendering when viewing

Bug Report - Print Roster / Include profiles? / Summary does not work any more.

BattleScribe v2.02.01.122
    Running on Windows 10, all updates applied.

When selecting the Include profiles? / Inline shows the profile and rules with each unit. However, selecting Include profiles? / Summary does not show the profiles at the bottom of the document. Mouseover on each unit works, so the data is present, but not being rendered in the print screen.

Datafile deleted and downloaded again - Warhammer 40,000 v1.3.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: Radio Button

If you quickly press back after selecting a radio button option the entry greys out and anything added will be put in said unit/option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Crash- adding Fortification or Lord of war

Android 7.0 on a Samsung S7
    App version 2.01.02
    Using Warhammer 40,000 8th edition info v1.08 (updated today) taken directly from inside the app, which pulled from https://github.com/BSData/wh40k
    Error message: Battlescribe has stopped.

When trying to add a Fortification or Lord of War under the Fortification Network or Super Heavy Auxiliary detachment respectively, the app will crash when they are from the Tau empire. I am able to add others without issue so far (from other armies) so not entirely sure if it is a data issue or app issue.

To reproduce: create a Tau list, add Fortification Network and/or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I am Having a problem with Version 2.00.17

Version 2.00.17
    Windows 10 Desktop App

The error i am receiving is two fold

1. I attempt to open an existing roster. Battlescribe will attempt to open the roster and open a blank screen that loads when you open just the application. No error Messages were given.

2. When I click on the open roster button, press Ctrl O or go to file and open roster. Battlescribe will close to desktop without an error message. This means I have no way of viewing or editing existing Rosters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Constant crashing.

Conatant crash. (out of memory!) regardless of state of device memory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chaos Marine Roster Unable to Load

Running the latest data and version of battlescribe 2.0 on iOS 10.2.1 (iPhone 5c) and I'm unable to create a roster using the chaos marine codex. I've tried several different formations, including a basic combined arms, and each time the app gets stuck on "Creating Roster..." as the wheel continues to spin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow the community to curate the best sources

... so that links to them can be embedded in the app.

This might help keep the benefits of community sourced content, whilst improving the user experience for people like me who just want to get started with a few taps of the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Improving data management will continue to be a focus in the near term. That said, in version 2.01.01, the Manage Data screen has been much improved and you can add data right inside the app.

18. create a minimise/maximise button for factions/armies

When making an faction/army a min/max button would be useful so you can minimise each faction/army so you don't need to scroll trough the list to get to the next faction/army.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There should be a way to "relink" the parent game system from the Catalogue Editor.

There should be a way to "relink" the parent game system from the Catalogue Editor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Problem with data editor

I've edited a data file quite extensively and it was working fine until the latest update where I was greeted with a Unicode 0xb error. I tried to edit the date again but whenever I try to open the data and edit it, it sends it into a backup folder, not letting me edit the data.

I am using v2.01.13 on a mac running High Sierra v10.13.4
    I cannot replicate the error message as the system is not allowing me to attempt to open the files.
    The data is some heavily edited Warhammer Fantasy files, I believe originally from Najo.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

“0xb” is a “vertical tab” character (!). I’m not exactly sure what this actually is, but for sure it is an invalid character in an XML document, which is why it can’t be opened and why you get this error (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14192135/unicode0xb-error-while-parsing-an-xml-file-using-stax)

You won’t be able to open this file in BattleScribe (BattleScribe files are XML documents).

Did you use any “strange” characters in the file? For example, emojis, characters with accents…?

You can open BattleScribe files in text editors such as Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and edit the XML directly (assuming you can find the offending character).

If the BattleScribe file ends in a “Z” (.catz, .gstz, .rosz) you will need to unzip it first using a standard Zip tool such as 7Zip (https://www.7-zip.org/download.html).

If you’re uncertain of all this, and don’t feel like you can fix it, email me the file: support at battlescribe dot…

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

BattleScribe

Feedback and Knowledge Base