BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, you must follow these steps

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add the ability to include icons/photos for army and units

This could include Army logos/banners for the roster output heading as well as photos of particular units or models.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really like this idea. I’ll need to investigate how best to implement it.

I’ve modified the suggestion to include allowing images for individual army selections as well (ie photo of the character/unit).

2. Allow rosters to be organised into folders on mobile

It would be nice to be able to make folders to organise rosters.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow position of entries to be defined

At the moment, entries are sorted alphanumerically. I think it would be useful to allow the data file author to define exactly the order in which entries are listed. If no order is defined, then it can default back to the alphanumeric order.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Initially I thought this would be a problem to implement – should a data file author dictate to a user what order the entries appear?

Thinking more about it however, I think the solution here is to let the user decide. Instead of the data file author rearranging the entries in the data files, I think it would be better to allow the user to rearrange the selections in their list.

4. undo button

add an undo and redo button so we can go back from major errors, see total point values change with a addition or subtraction of a unit, or what ever else undo buttons are used for.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for Google Drive, iCloud, One Drive etc

Add support for more cloud storage providers

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow option for inverted / dark / night theme

A white background is not only a bit hard on the eyes, bit also on the life of a battery. Making an inverse colors option would increase my ability to use BattleScribe as a full army biolding and monitoring tool, rather than just a calculator.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Android/iOS users to edit catalog files from their tablet/phone, instead of having to use a computer.

It would be nice to be able to edit catalog and game system files on android.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dice Tools: Allow user to save dice steps

The idea behind dice tools is nice, but its really slow to use. If you would be able to save different steps to use later it would be amazing and fast to use. Say for example i have some saved steps like "Hit 4+" "Wound 3+" and "Save 3+" I could just select the amount of rolls and imeditaley have the rolls for example my firewarriors shooting at space marines. Instead of having to create the steps slowly one by one, I would have a list of "to wound 2-6+","To hit 2-6+" etc. and then simply a quicklist to import…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an inventory/collection list

Something filled out by the users to delineate their number of models owned, to stop someone from accidentally making an awesome list that they cannot field or to track painted miniatures

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Wargear Profile Option

Add a display section at the end of the Roster Printout to display Wargear Rules/descriptions specifically. Helps to separate it from Special Rules and organize the final display better I'd think.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I can separate rule/profile summaries based on if the entry is a unit/model/upgrade. This will depend on whether the entry has this information on it (most currently do not).

11. Multiple of the same selection should condense into one when viewing

Currently when creating rosters only models that have EVERY upgrade with the "collective" option box checked do they condense. Certain units that can choose from multiple options, but do not should condense in much the same way (i.e. 2x BLARGFLARGHL) if the same options were chosen. Really just to make the view roster option better looking (as noise marines from 40K can EACH have different guns and can have up to 30!).

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow entry groups to have multiple default entries

When I select Captain for Space Marines rooster I allways have to adjust wargear (because Captain has too few selections from Weapons). It would be nice if we could mark default options in the Catalogue.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Default weapons do work if the entry group is min 0/max 0. The problem at the moment is that if you want more than one default, there is no way to enter it. It would be good to allow a number of defaults up to the minimum selections of the entry group.

I will look into this in the future, but for now it does not have a high impact, so it’ll have to wait.

13. make roster files compatible with Battle Chronicler Import

Battle Chronicler allows you to make Step by Step battle reports using lists of models and supports import from Army Builder. Battlescribe is much nicer software and it would be great to be able to import into Battle Chronicler, avoiding a duplication step.

I'm not sure if Battle Chronicler is still being maintained or if it would require support from their side, but perhaps BattleScribe could output in a way similar to an Army Builder file that would be able to be imported into BattleChronicler using the existing Army Builder import settings?

In any case, the Battle Chronicler website is: …

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Win/Loss tracking

I'd like to be able to add my lists, and then record games played with that list, including Win/Loss/Draw and perhaps some notes. This way I can test various lists out and keep stats on them right in the app without having to resort to manual stat tracking.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Report:

Bug Report: HTML pages are all blank.

Just starting today I can no longer see any HTML screens when I try to view a unit's datasheet (using Warhammer 40,000 data). The screen is just completely blank. The Report a Bug, About, and What's New screens are also blank in the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all my files, and restarting my phone (Galaxy S9), but HTML will still not display.

I can view unit data using Plan Text, BBCode, and Markdown, but not HTML. The HTML view was the most useful and helpful for me. Is there something…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable drag and drop for shared/linked items

It would be great to be able to drag and drop the shared "items" in the catalogue editor, instead of having to create a link.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. .ros file association on desktop

I'm just getting started with 40k again so I'm planning out multiple forces. It would be useful to be able to just double click the .ros files to open the RosterEditor rather than having to open that and then navigate to the .ros file.

It seems possible to pass the value via the batch file but the jar file does not seem to do anything with a path to a .ros file

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enhance the role of Book field

There was a suggestion already ( http://battlescribe.uservoice.com/forums/55066-general/suggestions/5361244-allow-creation-of-reference-books-object-into-a-ga ).

But I think you might have got it wrong. Or me.

Anyway: It's common a catalogue contains entries originating from two-three books. Even one sometimes.

What if a Catalogues (and Game System) could define Book resources (like Shared Entries) and they could be directly referenced in Entry as a Book instead of writing it by hand for every entry.

So what I'm saying is make Book not a string entity but rather a defined object. That would enhance Catalogue writing by a ton.

Also it would allow end users to for example…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re right, some interesting stuff could be done with this. Thanks!

I’ll be doing bug fixes in the next release only, before moving on to new features, so this won’t be done right away.

19. 2.01.17 is busted

I posted earlier that the newest update caused Battlescribe to crash when I hit the "New roster" button. The admin lied and said 2.01.17 fixed the issue. On iOS, 2.01.17 is the version that STARTED having that issue for me. My only way to make a roster now is to duplicate and edit one I already had, meaning it's impossible for me to make one for a force I don't have a saved roster for.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: so far I’ve been unable to reproduce the issue on version 2.01.17 so any additional feedback would be useful (see below). I’ve had confirmation that 2.01.17 fixed things for most people, so it appears this is a different issue.

One thought, make sure the app is not running in the background, then relaunch BattleScribe to make sure you’re using the latest version.

Just in case, it might be helpful to delete and re-dowload your data as described here: https://battlescribe.net/?faq=refreshData

Please MAKE SURE you have updated to version 2.01.17 from the app store. This fixed a particular crash when creating a new roster. You can see the version you have by going to the Menu and choosing “About”. If this fixes things, please update your comment and/or remove your votes from this issue.

If you ARE SURE you are on 2.01.17 and you still experience a crash, please provide the…

20. I think u should be able to actually battle

I think u should be able to battle between the different factions
    I realise this will be hard to do but I would really aprecciate it

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?