BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. This way I make a list on my PC, then access it on IPad or phone....or vice versa. Right now iOS says the .rosz is an unsupported file type when accessing from Gdrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This would ideally be able to be installed as a plugin for something like wordpress so that people could save the rosters to their account on the wordpress instance.

I think by having it browser based it would empower the entire community to use it and could be an easy way for people to upload rosters for tournaments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I develop stuff on apt based distributions a lot, and wouldn't mind putting together and maintaing a .deb installer package for Battlescribe. I understand that farming out installer creation to a third party brings trust issues up. Would putting the build scripts for each installer version up on github help? Anyone feeling paranoid could package it up themselves and check the MD5 listed on the main download page matches.

Offers there, I've already got a pro licence so I'm not doing this to wangle a free one. ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sometimes I like to play with army lists I've never used or have experience with. Be a cool feature to set a target points value and allow battle scribe to auto populate a list for you. This could be done with battle scribe users sharing lists, or the software picking random units from each force org chart. You could do this bound or unbound. I think it be also cool to share lists and ideas and thoughts on lists with other battle scribe users. You could create a social media esque area within the app where users could invite friends…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add to the catalogue a list that can be used with the dice tool in order to select a power.
    Example Psionic power!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be wonderful if we could set default values in entry groups via a modifier. This would help GREATLY with some things like Geargroups with different entrys.
    E.g. I have a Shared Entry with all available melee weapons to characters. But one has a Chainsword as his default gear, while the other has a Crozius Arcanum.
    This leads to me basically being unable to use the Shared Entry Groups because this would create wrong entrys. Not using a default is cumbersome for the user.
    In this case I had to copy a Entry Group with 3 Subgroups up to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Woo I like this.

I can’t promise it will be soon – I suspect there’s quite a bit of work involved to get this working.

But you’re right – this is one of the holes in shared items, resulting in shared items not being useful.

Great suggestion, thanks.

7. It's been commented on that there are now a large number of bug reports being logged with incomplete data, please see this discussion: https://github.com/BSData/bsdata/issues/47
    With the goal of having a minimum data set in mind, it would be really useful to allow the users to copy the exact error so it can be pasted into the bug report. On the desktop version this is no problem, but on the Android version the error seems to be dismissed fairly quickly with no seeming option to copy it (I have no idea about the IOS version).
    Would it be possible to allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would it be possible to have modifications to a profile that are taken more than once be represented?

So in firestorm armada for example you can often add +2 to a stat up to two times.

Current example,

Name DR CR Mv HP CP AP PD MN
    Falx (+2 AP) 6 10 6 8 7 10 5 0

When really the ship has two +2 AP modifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I've started to adapt 2 things into battlescribe that I never thought I'd do...ship building in classic traveller and d&d 4th ed...but I've hit a wall with d&d, it's getting hosed at the load in new roster, kinda hard to test if I can't load it...but I'd love for you to get a look at it and to hear your thoughts about it...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This would remove all current selections in the list. I often find im trying an idea for a list and come to find that I do not like the overall composition of the list and want to start over. Currently, I either have to remove units one-by-one or start a new roster, input the points-blah, blah.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prevent things like Veterans of the Long War (Veterans of the Long War) showing up in the printout, because it looks silly. In order to not have it do that, Veterans of the Long War has to be setup as a Wargear Profile instead of a Rule.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Running into conditions where I would like to append the number of attacks to behind the base value (ie. 4(5) ), but multiple conditions change this modified value, I would like to be able to build more complex condition statements using ELSE in addition to AND and OR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The Look and Feel of the program is set at runtime and cannot be changed. Although this isn't a huge functionality problem, the fact that it uses the system default for java and cannot be changed inside the program makes it really ugly on systems that default to the Metal/Ocean look and feel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Similar to how you can currently hide all the non-primaris units the ability to hide all the primaris units

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. since updating to v2.03.15.153 i now cant preview certain abillities with the mouse hover action if they are too far down the screen. Also the hover data box seems way too big as its taking up around 1/4 of the entire screen, meaning you cant then hover over anything else.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be nice if instead of opening my roster to copy, I could just click the ... Menu and copy from there too.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am running Android 7.0 and BattleScribe 2.01.06, making a Warhammer 40k list, with lists synced to Dropbox.

Anytime I make any changes to the list be it adding a unit, or a piece of wargear, my view it taken back to the top of the page I am on. Adding a unit goes to the top of the list, adding a wargear option goes to the top of the unit list.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I found that on my android phone that I can't select upgrades to some units. I reported it here:

https://github.com/BSData/wh40k/issues/2147

However, it seems to be working fine for the iphone and the desktop. For example, on my android, I can't select any new options for the DIre Avenger Exarch. I can however select only one of the options for the Warp Spider Exarch. I am using this data file:

http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repos/wh40k/index.bsi

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 31 32 33 35 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?