BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. I am using iphone, i can't press the value to change it, for example change it to 150. I have to press '+' button 149times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Seems OK on my end. Make sure you are up to date. Current version on iOS is 2.00.09

Otherwise, please tell me:
    Please tell me:
    1) What version of the app you are using
    2) What device you are using
    3) What version of iOS you are using
    4) If you see an error message, what exactly does it say?

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Want to be able to print out just the Profile Summary with the option to include/exclude vehicles, walker, wargear and weapons

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When trying to delete one of two or more duplicate favourites, the app crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Version 1.15.07. Some files are fine, but importing one with a Space Marine Formation or adding one to a roster within the PC App causes the system to lock up. I purchased Pro, got fresh data, and updated Java already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some single-model units have to be either units or models, but can't be both. Current workaround is to make one of the child entries the "model", but it would be easier to have 2 checkboxes for "isUnit" or "isModel".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If a user puts a normal URL into the "Manage Data" screen, allow website owners to add a meta tag to their page to help battlescribe find the bsi file. An example is if someone tries to put <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://mywebsite.com">http://mywebsite.com</a> into the data screen. If the website owner could add a meta tag to the page like &lt;link href=&quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repo/wh40k/index.bsi&quot">http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repo/wh40k/index.bsi&quot</a>; type=&quot;application/battlescribe-index&quot;/&gt; then Battlescribe could help avoid a big source of "new user set-up issues".

Originally posted on Github: https://github.com/BattleScribe/Alphas/issues/53

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give option for a Quick Reference with just stat lines and weapon profiles

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have tried reinstalling to no avail. Hard/soft buttons work on phone version, just not on tablet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can't remember the abilities of all the xwing cards, but I cant view them until after adding them to the roster. There should be a way to view all details of cards before adding them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible on desktop (hover over items to preview) but not on mobile. I’ll need to add this in. I might well make this a pro feature (nice to have but not essential)

14. My IOS app will not import data. I have uninstalled. Cleared all data several times but it will not let me import any data files. Tried liking it with Dropbox as well. Nothing. Please help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Especially when new rules are released, the good people who make the data files update them quite frequently. A weekly update check during such time is about as useful as no automatic checks because you end up having to check manually anyways.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I reduced this to a week to reduce the load on the servers hosting the data. Also, on mobile, this could be a problem with regard to data limits.

I’ll look into rethinking this though, and perhaps introduce more options to control how often this happens.

16. Hi I feel that the dice tool would benefit from having the exploding dice mechanic(adding another roll upon the roll of a certain value, usually 6). This would be useful for the game systems developed by Spartan Games and Mantic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When I try to open a file on OS X (10.10.4), I can't navigate to the directory. The only way I can open a file is by dragging it into the "open file" dialog window from Finder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This way I make a list on my PC, then access it on IPad or phone....or vice versa. Right now iOS says the .rosz is an unsupported file type when accessing from Gdrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This would ideally be able to be installed as a plugin for something like wordpress so that people could save the rosters to their account on the wordpress instance.

I think by having it browser based it would empower the entire community to use it and could be an easy way for people to upload rosters for tournaments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I develop stuff on apt based distributions a lot, and wouldn't mind putting together and maintaing a .deb installer package for Battlescribe. I understand that farming out installer creation to a third party brings trust issues up. Would putting the build scripts for each installer version up on github help? Anyone feeling paranoid could package it up themselves and check the MD5 listed on the main download page matches.

Offers there, I've already got a pro licence so I'm not doing this to wangle a free one. ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?