BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. Create a version of the app for Windows Phone and tablet devices.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keeping track of wounds on multi wound models is a part of every game.

If you simply add tick boxes (matching the number of wounds) next to the unit profiles it is easy to mark and allocate wounds as they are taken.

On heroes or other single model units this can be done very easily. However if you have a unit of multi-wound models with different wargear, this gets very complicated. Such units are for example Ork Nobs, Grey Knight Paladins etc.

In that case you should also print the wargear or something that can identify the model from others.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been open for a long time and if I’m honest, I don’t think it’ll get done. While it’s a good idea, it is too tightly linked to particular game rule mechanics, which is not a great fit for BattleScribe itself.

I do wonder if some kind of companion app for BattleScribe might be better – something more “rules focussed” to track game progress and record stuff like this…

Anyway, I think it’s better for me to return your votes on this one. I’ll think about how this could work as a standalone app instead.

3. The new space marine codex causes the app to lock up. Once you pick ur army and point value you have one selection before the whole app locks up and you cannot press anything else

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a "modifier" option to enable the changing of the category of a root entry.
    For a Blood Angels army, Dante will change the Sanguinary Guard from a Troop category to an Elite category.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This brings a lot more problems than you might think, especially considering existing selections in the roster would need moving around when the category changes.

The preferred way to do this is to link a shared entry to the appropriate categories and show/hide them as needed.

5. I just download the latest data for war hammer 40k and I am seeing a crash. I am using an iPhone 5s and am on Battlescribe Pro version 1.15.06. Here are steps to replicate:
    1.Have latest version of data for warhammer 40k
    2.create a new force with a combined arms detachment using the new Space Marines (2015) v4 faction.
    3. Click on plus button in HQ section to add new HQ.
    4. Click on plus button next to captain to add a new captain.
    5. App crashes

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have a LOT of rosters in my list on my iPhone now. I'm using a fairly strict naming convention to try and sort them is a flat list. Being able to create group folders (or tag folders) that I can use to sort them would help a lot.

I think this would be very useful to people who have made a lot of lists, or need to increment on lists for tournaments. It might not be immediately useful to less frequent users so I think this is probably a lower priority feature.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So, I’ve closed issues on this topic and pointed them to the “definitive” issue (so at only have one issue for folders on mobile).

Somehow I missed this one and pointed people to another folders issue… In order to prevent people getting confused, I’m going to close this issue and ask you to move your votes here: http://battlescribe.uservoice.com/forums/55066-general/suggestions/6697496-add-the-possibility-for-folders-in-the-phone-syste

• entries
    • entry groups
    • rules
    • profiles
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I play Grey Knights and often field Paladins. With the current version of Battlescribe it's very difficult to read what kind of models do I need to take with me to play the list as WYSIWYG.

Currently the list output is this:
    "Brotherhood Banner (XXpts), Hammerhand, Holocaust, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Halberd (XXpts), 4x Master Crafted Psycannon (XXpts), Narthecium (XXpts), Nemesis Daemonhammer, 2x Nemesis Force Falchions (XXpts), 2x Nemesis Force Halberd, 2x Nemesis Force Sword, Nemesis Warding Stave (XXpts), 10x Paladins (XXpts), Psybolt Ammunition (XXpts), 5x Storm Bolter"

The simple list to help choosing the right models could be like:…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Currently only uses iPhone screen size, which can be stretched but looks terrible. This would be awesome as it both you and your opponent could easily read it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As shown in this forum thread [http://www.battlescribe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31], XSL 2.0 would allow for spectacular custom rosters.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the end, (3 years later…) I don’t think this is going to happen for the reasons outlined below, so I’m going to close this particular issue (and give you back your votes ;))

Customizable outputs are still on the table though. The recent 1.15.00 release changed the way BattleScribe renders rosters to the StringTemplate template language. I hope to open this up to allow custom templating/ouput at some point in the near (ish) future.

The problem here is that the standard Java libraries do not handle XSL 2.0. I can use the Saxon libraries to do this, but these are around 8Mb compared to about 300Kb for BattleScribe itself! Using these would make the program much much larger for a feature few will use.

My current thoughts are to allow users to download Saxon themselves and drop it in. BattleScribe could then use it if it is available.

It…

10. I have a Tau 40k Army, trying out different configuration for 1500 point army. A Barracks Mode so you Know what you can do with what you have ! In-pout all the unites you have and then you can draw from them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to print to word processor, or allow manual PDF page breaks. Current system cuts the items in half which makes reading it on paper difficult.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Printing to PDF is now doable.

Outputting to other formats generally involves large and complicated software libraries, which means it’s not really worth it for a relatively small use case.

In most cases, outputting to HTML will serve your needs!

12. It would be great to have more control over the HTML layout. Instead of having just the preset layouts you could create a layout editor to define how certain elements are output to the HTML. More "include or don't include" options for the existing templates would also be useful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not sure whether to mark this “declined” or “completed”…

The output has had a major overhaul in 1.15.00 which brings a lot more options and improves things nicely. So that bit is complete.

Regarding the custom CSS, I don’t think I’ll be including this functionality in BattleScribe itself.

That said, when you go to copy/save your roster as HTML, the HTML is designed to be easily customizable and includes the CSS inline. This should be plenty if you want to edit things for the purposes of a website (for example).

13. I think it would be quiet useful if the table view of the roster could be adjusted to it could be printed on index cards. Perhaps as a 2 panel view similar to what currently exists scaled to fit on a 3"x5" card. One side for the unit composition and rules, the other side for the unit, weapon, wargear profiles.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Was asked to UPDATE DATABASE and did this. App now crashes during Loading Roster when selecting an existing list and when trying to create a new list. Manually removed and re-installed data - still crashes. Worked perfect before the Update Data prompt. iPhone 6, not iOS 10.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Many of the data authors have moved to BattleScribe 2.0 format data. This is not compatible with older versions of the app.

You will need to delete the 2.0 data, and re-add 1.15.x format data. Many of the data authors have archived their old 1.15.x data on their GitHub page: https://github.com/BSData

BattleScribe 2.0 can be found here: https://www.battlescribe.net/?tab=download

If you want to continue using version 1.15.x: https://www.battlescribe.net?faq=battleScribe1

15. Why isnt my acct paid anymore? I bought pro quite awhile ago then with this update i lost my status.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I open in my Surface Pro everything appears to be too small

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Construct a Windows 8 / 8.1 app for the windows marketplace.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please could you add Space Wolves into the Heralds of Ruin Kill Team Roster. It would be great to be able to build my Kill Team in Battlescribe. Cheers

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello, I would like to note that HQ Command Tank Space Marine is not option FW. It's a Datasheet officinale GW that can be taken from any faction Space Marines including DA, SW and BA. I beg you to enable this choice HQ without having the approval of choices FW. Thanks for the attention.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?