BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. Bug report army preview jacked up. Yesterday could only see units and keywords no stats. Today I uninstalled then reinstalled everything (v 2.01.15) and indexes from the in app provided list. And none (wh40k 8th, 7th, PoG, Herald, etc shows army preview now. This is the exact error message that pop up on all of them Error 1) Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.string java.net.url.toSting ()' on a null object reference. I'm using a galaxy 6 w/ android 7.0.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Systematically crashing when trying to enter or create a new roster on ipad pro 12.9inch with version 2.01.11 (and before by the way). Works fine without any problem on ipad pro 9.7inch

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Connecting all my devices via drop box is kinda cool, because it allows me to have the same roosters on all my devices, but it starts getting annoying after some time because my device check the Dropbox every time, which slows it down pretty much, especially if i am somewhere without Wifi. Wouldnt it be cool if there was a feature that would allow you tocheck drop box for new/different roosters instead of doing it automatically every time i open the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The app is always going into preparing data when switching back to the rosters page. Also when pressing th home button and going back into the app even for a second will bring up the loading screen and send me back to the rosters page no matter where I was. Anytime I have to get to the rosters page I’m getting preparing data. It’s super slow and annoying. Most of the times I will even see the roster flash on screen then the app locks me out and goes into preparing data for 15-30 seconds.

Version 2.01.10

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. i am using battlescribe V2.01.04 for horus heresy on windows 8.
    when selecting new roster and which list to use, once i click OK nothing will happen. no army list selection nothing...
    any help?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi there,

I'm running Battlescribe version 2.01.04 which appears to be the latest version on the App Store.

My iPhone 5S is running iOS 10.3.3

I keep getting the following error when I try to get data from 'manage data':

> error getting response stream
    (ReadHeaders)
    ServerProtocolViolation

I get the above error once when trying to get data through 'manage data' but it lists the error twice when I try to log into my account on my iPhone.

I don't have any other steps to des rove other than going to the menu, pressing 'manage data', it says I don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I put an emoji in the army's name, lost the data just for that army and everytime i reload it still comes up with Error 1) bad byte at 25

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for the user to specify the font size, so that if they choose they can print more per page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It can be confusing as a first time bug reported that you click the report a big link and are redirected to the general ideas forum. It would make sense to have either a separate bug page or at least a bug filter so you can more easily see if your issue has been reported. That way you can also report bugs without it taking away the voted that you have.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. |Shared Selection Entries
    |
    |-Bike
    |
    |-Captain
    |--Link to: Bike
    |
    |-Biker
    |--Link to: Bike
    |
    |Selection Entries
    |
    |-Link to: Captain
    |
    |-Link to: Biker
    |--Modifier
    |---Condition

In one of our files we have the above configuration.

The Condition under Link to Biker checks for At Least 1 Selection in Force of Link to: Bike (under Captain).

With the Condition's "Shared?" set to true it counts any instance of Bike, including those not under Captain (ie. from selections of Biker).
    With "Shared?" set to false it counts no instances of Bike, including those under Captain, so the Condition always…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whenever I try to print, I get the following error:
    "No print service found".

Behavior is same from editor & roster view.
    Installed version: 2.00.05
    Printers are installed & working on PC.
    Unable to find as existing issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can we please get an option to mark favorite units/formations that are saved to favorites as global use? Currently when you favorite something its only available to that particular category you are working under. Optionally, the ability to just copy/paste favorites from once favorites category to another would work as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen to show when files were last updated and what revision they're on

Just to know what may have changed. Or in case of developer, that when using multiple repos, you didn't just download a catalogue you maintain but which was updated by someone else (happened to me once).

As an extension in future, simple additional text field for each revision incrementation could be used to inform of what changes were made in between. Useful for everyone and hopefully not too complicated. Also then that list could have links/buttons to view changes, if listed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. At the moment, collective upgrades work really badly in the following situation: (Imaginary example)

A unit has 2 or more different types of model (say, swordsmen and shieldbearers). There's a single collective upgrade (wearing helmets) which should be collective across both - either all models in the unit have it, or none do.

At the moment there's no way to handle this which isn't annoying for the end user. The best that can be done is to repeat the upgrade for each model type, with consistency modifiers that set a minimum on each model type if it's taken on any…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to see an additional text field for rules. The standard one keeps the rules as is, and can be written out as is. Then there is a shorthand text field for the same rule, to condense it as much as possible.

Initial implementation would allow you to globally choose "Full" vs "Shorthand" rules for viewing/printing roster. A possible future improvement would be to allow a user to choose per rule - IE shorthand the ones you're more familiar with, and use the full description for rules you don't remember as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add css classes to all container elements in the html output (e.g. tables for weapon stats). This will make ut easier to add custom stylesheets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Battlescribe no longer launches. After updating to 2.01, shortcuts and the executable files no longer worked for launching Battlescribe. The Jar files within the battlescribe folder still allowed the program to be launched.

Since the most recent update, however, using the jar files to launch no longer does anything.

The executables still don't work so there is no way for me to use the program.
    Trying to launch the Jar files results in the following error message now.

A JNI error occurred, please check your installation and try again.

A java exception has occurred.

1. What version of the app are…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The new update in windows 10 does not allow me to save or open rosters. (17)
    I unistalled, installed again, downloaded new data... but it does not work.
    It seems as no good communication with windows esplorer.
    Clicking the open button, it makes nothing at all
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Newest version 2.03.15 for Windows 10
    You can no longer save Roster as an image file... not even when attempting to copy output to clipboard and pasting into photoshop or paint/

Please fix so we can do this again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently when using the dice tool you're unable to use the main window, browse your units and more importantly check popups and stats of their equipment. It would be fantastic to be able to do this while having the Dice Tool open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?