BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. When trying to view the roster in the editor it will change to plain text from the drop down, but when viewing its in html and on going back into the settings it has defaulted back to html.

Version 2.1.05 android viewing Heresy 30k roster

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    1. If I start a new roster with multiple forces, or add a force to a working roster
    2. after adding a new unit, the new unit will not necessarily go to the force I'm adding it to. i.e. Click a unit to force 1 HQ, select unit. Unit shows up in force 2 HQ instead. Vice-versa the same issue.

Where:
    BattleScribe v2.01.02.89 under W10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I really like your new support system, but credit card is not popular everywhere. Thus I ask you to add other payment options like paypal. If this is already possible somehow I apologize, I cannot seem to find how.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I won’t make any promises, but I may look into this in the future. It makes it more complicated to add more payment options to the website.

That said, you can purchase passes for the desktop version on mobile platforms through Google Play etc. Perhaps this will work for you?

3. Allow multiple entries to be selected for copying and pasting in the catalogue editor rather than just one at a time

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There are times when a repository removes certain old catalogues such as when a newer edition of the book comes out. If Battlescribe can remember which catalogue is provided by which repository, it can remove old catalogues that are no longer supplied by the repository.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For example:

I have modifiers to set the maxselections of jump packs to 0 if the model selects a bike. Adding a field to name the modifier

'Model cannot select a jump pack and a bike'

Would improve legibility over the standard message of

'Model has too many bikes
    set maxselections to 0(repeating)'

When a user tries to select the two options in the roster editor.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I think you should be able to group your lists by things like race, points, or (custom) events. Also a filter option so I can filter all lists for race points and (custom) event.
    I just find I have 100's of lists and it's hard sometimes to find the one I want

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am new to Battle Scribe. For testing and learning I created a copy of a Game System and catalog. The catalog was still assigned to the old Game System. I was able to change it by manually editing the .cat file and changing the GUID the catalog was pointing to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When the program shows that a list is valid or invalid, it should show this in the output somewhere. Maybe under the roster name and point value print Valid, or Invalid because (and list the errors in the list.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cannot add space marine detachment. After I have added any faction battalion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I can build a 1 or 2 detachment roster. But if I try to add a 3rd detachment it crashes. If I try to build a new roster with 3 space marine detachments it fails to load and eventually the app stops responding. I've only noticed this problem with space marines, other factions I play work fine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Every time I add a spearhead to my list the program crashes. I’ve tried making a new list from scratch and adding to existing lists. Every time I use a spearhead in addition with other detachments it crashes. All units are taking a LONG time to load.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When selecting to make a 40k Space marine list it is very very slow . Creating a list takes a very long time usually take g 10 to 30 seconds to make selections or loading the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Updated to macOS Catalina - latest version of Battlescribe won't start - message is ...

"Battlescribe cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software"

Any help appreciated

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to choose a CSS file to use in place of the <style> tags on the HTML output.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The repository for warhammer 40k 8th edition is disapeared

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I recently "Supported" Battlescribe to enable me to sync rosters between my iPhone and my desktop PC. I have setup the Dropbox sync between my desktop and iPhone successfully. New rosters created and changes made to existing rosters are synced from iPhone to desktop, however changes made to the rosters on the desktop are not accessible on the iPhone. I deleted all my rosters from both desktop and iPhone and created a new roster on the desktop. It is copied across via dropbox and I can see it in dropbox on the iPhone but Battlescribe does not pick it up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When printing the html list, units sheets will be split in the middle when reaching the end of the page.

This can be avoided by simply adding an option "try to not split units", which, when ticked, add the following to the generated html file (line 5):
    .rootSelection,.category,.summary { page-break-inside: avoid; }

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Everything takes so long. It wasn't this bad months ago, now it runs like a dog. Roster list is slow. Roster changes are slow, roster rendering is slow.

I know this is connected to the internet cause if I lose connectivity I'm stuck for minutes until a reconnect. I often have to go to airplane mode to get it responsive. This updating need to be non blocking, and background.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Loading time has increased to ridiculously long times. I have tried everything I can think of, cache deletions, reinstalling, monitoring processes. Etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?