BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. Include a search function that will enable someone to search for a specific unit to allow for easier list building. Maybe even just to be able to search through a selected catalog or Codex.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Normally, when opening a new roster, all entries and sub-entries are expanded; it would be nice to be able to collapse them all at once without clicking each arrow individually. Ideally, there'd be an option like this available by clicking on each expanded entry so you could, say, collapse all the entries under just one detachment, or just one unit.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Open Recent" would remember some number of the last files you were working on, and give a shortcut to reopen those without needing to use the file browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow multiple entries to be selected for copying and pasting in the catalogue editor rather than just one at a time

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For example:

I have modifiers to set the maxselections of jump packs to 0 if the model selects a bike. Adding a field to name the modifier

'Model cannot select a jump pack and a bike'

Would improve legibility over the standard message of

'Model has too many bikes
    set maxselections to 0(repeating)'

When a user tries to select the two options in the roster editor.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am new to Battle Scribe. For testing and learning I created a copy of a Game System and catalog. The catalog was still assigned to the old Game System. I was able to change it by manually editing the .cat file and changing the GUID the catalog was pointing to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When the program shows that a list is valid or invalid, it should show this in the output somewhere. Maybe under the roster name and point value print Valid, or Invalid because (and list the errors in the list.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow for the user to specify the font size, so that if they choose they can print more per page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As above. When I create a new Roster and add Formations for the first time, all minimum Entries in the Formation populated correctly. However when I add the same Formation while editing my Roster, nothing is populated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When placing down my phone while viewing the roster, the orientation changes and scrolls back to the top, losing the unit I was looking at. An option to lock which orientation you want to view it on would fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Current system has us need to do multiple modifiers, even if they all check the same condition. We should be able to set a Condition, and allow modifiers off of it also.

Example:
    Condition: Has 1 selection of Juggernaut of Khorne
    Modifiers: Direct parent has +1 T, +1 W, +1 A, and changes to Cavalry.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I specifically bought Battlescribe under the understanding that I'd be able to save a unit under favorites, label it as a specific name, and use it to quickly plug those specially named units into different lists. Unfortunately, if you name a Favorited squad, it doesn't even save that special name on favorites for that list!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I should add that there’s a workaround – custom names for favourites are saved if you name a unit before creating the favourite from it.

You can use this to change favourite names too, Add the favourite to your list, rename it there, then re-add it as a favourite (delete the old favourite if you like).

It certai2nly used to! This is a bug, I’ll get it fixed.

Thanks for letting me know.

14. This one is out there... Add a check box to every entry "favorite". If you mark an entry as a favorite then when you right click elsewhere there would by Cut Copy Past and "favorite" a folder with a list of all of your favorites. Select one and a link appears to that favorite. A favorites side bar would also be cool. Maybe the side bar lets you right click on the favorite and choose to either add a link or copy the whole entry. Would make creating catalogues from scratch easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently there's no Minimize / Maximize choice for the Windows Form used for Roster Preview. Could you enable this? Not sure if you're using Visual Studio or not, could be as simple as enabling it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be very useful to allow sorting of units by points, stats, and name at the user's preference

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I can't seem to pin the Roster Editor to my taskbar. The program runs fine, but when I right-click the icon on the taskbar while it's running, the only option is "Close window". I'm able to pin/unpin all other programs on this machine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When i renamed an entry changing only captions (f.e. from "DKOK" to "DKoK") it asked if i would like to Rewrite as name already existed.
    Then BattleScribe erased both entries.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Roster Statistics" on iPhone 5s iOS version, 10.1 and BattleScribe version 2.00.13.

On my friends iPhone 7 his app works correctly, on mine it does not.
    On the roster view options "Roster Statistics" is checked on, but when viewing the roster there is no roster statistics at the bottom of the page.
    Need help! Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The roster statistics are only available for Supporters, they won’t show up in the free version. That said, they aren’t 100% reliable right now and need some work. It’s on the to-do list.

20. I can't remember the abilities of all the xwing cards, but I cant view them until after adding them to the roster. There should be a way to view all details of cards before adding them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible on desktop (hover over items to preview) but not on mobile. I’ll need to add this in. I might well make this a pro feature (nice to have but not essential)

• Don't see your idea?