BattleScribe

Before your report a problem, make sure you try the basic troubleshooting steps and check the BattleScribe FAQ for answers to common problems.

To report problems with your supporter pass or account, please see this FAQ.

Do NOT report data problems here (missing or incorrect units/models/upgrades/points values/rules/profiles/etc)Instead, make sure you update your data and report any problems to the data authors.

If you are unable to download data, it is likely a temporary problem with the data website. Please be patient and try again later.

For general questions and help, please post on the BattleScribe Reddit

BattleScribe

Categories

1. It's been commented on that there are now a large number of bug reports being logged with incomplete data, please see this discussion: https://github.com/BSData/bsdata/issues/47
    With the goal of having a minimum data set in mind, it would be really useful to allow the users to copy the exact error so it can be pasted into the bug report. On the desktop version this is no problem, but on the Android version the error seems to be dismissed fairly quickly with no seeming option to copy it (I have no idea about the IOS version).
    Would it be possible to allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple entries to be selected for copying and pasting in the catalogue editor rather than just one at a time

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would it be possible to have modifications to a profile that are taken more than once be represented?

So in firestorm armada for example you can often add +2 to a stat up to two times.

Current example,

Name DR CR Mv HP CP AP PD MN
    Falx (+2 AP) 6 10 6 8 7 10 5 0

When really the ship has two +2 AP modifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To help users keep up with the speed of new unit releases (weekly now, in some cases), and to help alleviate the burden on community catalogue creators, allow manual and custom entries to be added to a roster.

As an example, a user could open up a unit type / role option(HQ, Elite, etc) and there would be a "Custom Entry" selection. When selected, one could just manually enter stats, a total point value, and some miscellaneous text to define a new unit that has yet to be created in a catalogue. This would also help users who create custom…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Something filled out by the users to delineate their number of models owned, to stop someone from accidentally making an awesome list that they cannot field or to track painted miniatures

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add features that could expedite game setup. Also possibly add a mass (many) dice roller as an options for those who may prefer a digital option to rolling dice (for w/e reason). All of the features Im suggesting are listed below.

• turn counter

• points keeper/victory points calculator

• dice roller (capable of rolling many dice at once and displaying a summary of the results)

• warlord trait roller

• table setup roller

• mission roller

• record wounds/hull point

• record vehicle damage

• record unit marker ( Go into ground, stunned, etc..)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This would remove all current selections in the list. I often find im trying an idea for a list and come to find that I do not like the overall composition of the list and want to start over. Currently, I either have to remove units one-by-one or start a new roster, input the points-blah, blah.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This one is out there... Add a check box to every entry "favorite". If you mark an entry as a favorite then when you right click elsewhere there would by Cut Copy Past and "favorite" a folder with a list of all of your favorites. Select one and a link appears to that favorite. A favorites side bar would also be cool. Maybe the side bar lets you right click on the favorite and choose to either add a link or copy the whole entry. Would make creating catalogues from scratch easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent things like Veterans of the Long War (Veterans of the Long War) showing up in the printout, because it looks silly. In order to not have it do that, Veterans of the Long War has to be setup as a Wargear Profile instead of a Rule.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For example:

I have modifiers to set the maxselections of jump packs to 0 if the model selects a bike. Adding a field to name the modifier

'Model cannot select a jump pack and a bike'

Would improve legibility over the standard message of

'Model has too many bikes
    set maxselections to 0(repeating)'

When a user tries to select the two options in the roster editor.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Introduce groups for rules and profiles, similar to entry groups.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A white background is not only a bit hard on the eyes, bit also on the life of a battery. Making an inverse colors option would increase my ability to use BattleScribe as a full army biolding and monitoring tool, rather than just a calculator.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for more cloud storage providers

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Currently there's no Minimize / Maximize choice for the Windows Form used for Roster Preview. Could you enable this? Not sure if you're using Visual Studio or not, could be as simple as enabling it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The idea behind dice tools is nice, but its really slow to use. If you would be able to save different steps to use later it would be amazing and fast to use. Say for example i have some saved steps like "Hit 4+" "Wound 3+" and "Save 3+" I could just select the amount of rolls and imeditaley have the rolls for example my firewarriors shooting at space marines. Instead of having to create the steps slowly one by one, I would have a list of "to wound 2-6+","To hit 2-6+" etc. and then simply a quicklist to import…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'm just getting started with 40k again so I'm planning out multiple forces. It would be useful to be able to just double click the .ros files to open the RosterEditor rather than having to open that and then navigate to the .ros file.

It seems possible to pass the value via the batch file but the jar file does not seem to do anything with a path to a .ros file

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be nice to be able to edit catalog and game system files on android.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently when creating rosters only models that have EVERY upgrade with the "collective" option box checked do they condense. Certain units that can choose from multiple options, but do not should condense in much the same way (i.e. 2x BLARGFLARGHL) if the same options were chosen. Really just to make the view roster option better looking (as noise marines from 40K can EACH have different guns and can have up to 30!).

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I am new to Battle Scribe. For testing and learning I created a copy of a Game System and catalog. The catalog was still assigned to the old Game System. I was able to change it by manually editing the .cat file and changing the GUID the catalog was pointing to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?